Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Foodism

Food. I love it. Eating it. Cooking it. Sharing it. Dinner parties are the parties I enjoy most. In my drawing journal, I often draw food. Recipes too.

On a regular basis, I submit a recipe to They Draw And Cook, and that gave me the idea to develop a workshop on drawing food and illustrating recipes, in which theres also a star appearance of Salli Swindell. She founded TheyDrawAndCook, together with her brother a few years ago, not knowing what a huge succes it would become.

Teaching the workshop is superfun. Here is a few of many results from participants. I am a proud teacher!

Seafood Sauce by jill

Pasta alla carbonara by Cathy

Food Factory by Dimitri

Pickles by nancy



A festive sorbet by June


Do you know the ongoing project what I wore today, from Gemma Correll? Always a great subject if you dont know what to draw today! Well, what I ate today, is just as good, maybe even better (for me as a foodie at least).
Heres a journal entry from a while ago - and a healthy, and super tasty salad recipe, that I can recommend!


ps. A not-so-random fact about me: I have worked as a chef in a breakfast and lunch restaurant for several years. That may explain part of all the foodism I share. I hope you dont mind. Please tell me if I get too obsessive!

No comments:

Post a Comment