Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2015

New Progress Reel Animation Mentor Class 5

I just finished Animation Mentor Class 5- Advanced Acting! All I have left is to take Class 6- Polish and Portfolio, and Ill be an AM graduate!

I considered putting my AN05 animation into a new demo reel (my current one is here), but decided to wait. I decided that because #1: I want to re-render all these shots since Ive been learning more about lighting with Digital Tutors (I got 1 free month for entering the CG Student Awards). And #2: Im going to start revising many of these shots in AN06 in just 1 week. So I decided Ill wait until the end of Class 6 to upload a new demo reel.

Itll be nice to be able to go back and rework these shots in AN06. Ive learned so much the last few months that already several things stand out to me, especially in my AN02 and AN03 work. I may even get to make a whole new shot/sequence in AN06, depending on what my mentor decides. Either way, it should be fun, and Ill graduate with a great looking demo reel!

But thatll be about 13 weeks from now, so in the meantime, heres my progress reel! Its pure Maya 2013 playblast animation, no rendering, no extra music, etc. Again, if you want to see my prettier demo reel (with rendering and music, but minus my AN05 animation) you can see it here: http://youtu.be/ClDsJu92_88 .

No comments:

Post a Comment